or 01293 550428
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you back with a quotation.
Terms and conditions
1. - Booking details1.1 - The Client shall ensure that all details given of the venue are correct and if The DJ inspects the venue & finds any differences The DJ will report to the client to resolve this matter.1.2 - There will be adequate set up time available usually 90 minutes before the start time of the event and 60 minutes after the event to break the set down. The Client should indicate what access is available, stairs, lifts, Car parking etc.1.3 - The Client and The DJ both confirm that there is no third party interest on the booking and no previous bookings of these dates for this event.1.4 - Paying a booking fee for your event or function is a 100% binding guarantee of contract. Any non-payment could allow us to change our work schedule without prior notice.
2. – Payments2.1 - Paying By Bank Transfer If you use Internet Banking you can make a payment straight into our bank account via BACs. If paying by this method please ensure you include your surname and the date of your event as a reference.2.3 - Non-payment of any fees owed within 30 days after the date of the event will result in legal action.
3. – Cancellations3.1 - The DJ will be holding your date exclusively for you and will turn away all other work. The potential loss of work in the event of a cancellation is real and tangible therefore The DJ will charge a cancellation fee. Cancellations must be made in writing or by e-mail. No telephone cancellations can be accepted.3.2 - If The Client cancels within 30 days prior to the event the cancellation fee is 100% of the balance outstanding, but cancellation before then the only penalty will be the loss of the pre-paid booking fee.3.3 - Should the event be cancelled for reasons entirely beyond The Clients control then the booking fee will be returned in full or a new date set if required.3.4 - The DJ will try to fulfil its obligations in the events of unforeseen circumstances by any other means should this be necessary.
4. – Conduct4.1 - It is the Client's responsibility to ensure that all guests conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times. The Client must be responsible for all guests and their actions.4.2 - The Client will provide adequate supervision of its guests, including children, at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of or damage to the The DJ's equipment or personnel belongings, caused by guests attending the function.4.3 - No violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances will be tolerated, and The DJ reserves the right to terminate the disco at any time if any personal safety is under threat. The DJ does not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. The Client will be advised of any problems arising in this respect with any guests.4.4 - In the event of a minors function there must be the legal ratio of responsible persons to minors.4.5 - The DJ will act in a fully responsible attitude at all times, during his attendance to the venue, it will set up and run as requested by The Client unless the legal requirement is different which will be pointed out and stated.4.6 - The DJ will be responsible for producing certificates of Public Liability Insurance (PLI) and Portable Appliance Testing (P.A.T) as required but this request must be arranged at a minimum of 14 days prior to the event date.
5. - Security5.1 - The Client will be responsible for the safety and security of any theft of items of The DJ.5.2 - The DJ is not liable for any damage on the venue; any potential hazard must be pointed out by the client or the venue staff at the time of set-up.5.3 - The Client is also responsible for any damage to The DJ's equipment caused by any person at the event. The Client will be charged for the full cost of any repairs required. The Client will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused.
6. - Health and Safety6.1 - The DJ will adhere to all rules and regulations of the HSE EAW Act 1989, to which The Client must also adhere to the above and adhere. Subject to failure to conform to the above act The DJ cannot take any further part of the event and the full amount of the event has to be paid.6.2 - In the event of fire, flooding, public disturbance, terrorist activity or any other threat to the public, The DJ will not be responsible to help in any way or evacuate any venue or building where he is present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify otherwise. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
7. - The Venue7.1 - The Client will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (minimum of one hour). The Client also ensures that safe and adequate power is available. The DJ will ensure that any equipment that requires connection to a power source is electrically safe and conforms to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and any amendments thereafter.7.2 - The Client must ensure that the entire venue has all relevant licences, and conforms to all the local bye-laws as The DJ cannot perform in a venue that has not got all required licences. 7.3 - The Client must ensure that there is adequate parking for The DJ on the night for off loading and loading of the equipment, in a safe and secure manner. Should there be items stolen during this procedure it is the responsibility of The Client. 7.4 - If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of The DJ to gain access to the performance area, or any other delay beyond The DJ(s) reasonable control, The DJ will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.7.5 - If you are booking other entertainment (e.g. Singer, comedian, band etc) as well as hiring ourselves, please consider & think about the amount of space available and where The Client is going to put the disco. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 10 metres either side from the position of the presenter.7.6 - The DJ also reserves the right to refuse to continue any event prior to the start should there not be sufficient floor space which would not allow the audio / lighting equipment to be assembled safely.7.7 - The DJ reserves the right to substitute alternative entertainment should uncontrollable circumstances dictate the need to do so. The DJ will be responsible for producing certificates of Public Liability Insurance and P.A.T. Testing carried out on our equipment. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited guests or members of th e public.
8. – Refreshments8.1 - As The DJ works very unsociable hours we ask if non alcoholic drinks could be supplied. Please do not offer alcoholic drinks whilst our staff are on the venues premises.8.2 -. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. The DJ is not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.If you would like further clarification of what any of the above means or you are unsure of any of our terms please contact @discos.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved